Looking for senior resources can also be overwhelming. You have more than hundreds of options so it can be taxing and confusing. We can give you a few resources to help you out.
- We’ve partnered with Veterans Home Care LLC to offer Vet Assistance Programs for veterans and their spouses. We assist you in applying for and processing your Veteran’s Aid and Attendance Benefit. All our financial assistance to veterans and their surviving spouses is approved by the Veteran’s Administration.
- Nursing Home Medicaid is different from regular Medicaid. You must qualify both financially and medically to receive assistance. You cannot apply for nursing home Medicaid until you actually live in a nursing home.
- Medicare does not cover any long-term care or custodial care. It does cover short-term rehab and home health care if you qualify.
Veterans Pension Insurance and Requirements
- Served minimum 90 days active duty, 1 day during wartime, with Honorable Discharge
- Medical Condition – Confirmed by physician’s diagnosis; not driving
- Financial Limitations – Income & Assets in relation to Medical Expenses that demonstrate the need for pension
VA-Recognized War Periods
|World War II||Dec. 7, 1941||Dec. 31, 1946||Must have served 90 days active duty|
|Korean Conflict||June 27, 1950||Jan. 31, 1955||Must have served 90 days active duty|
|Vietnam Era||Aug. 5, 1964||May 7, 1975||Feb. 28, 1961 for veterans who served “in country” (Viet Nam) before Aug 5, 1964|
|Persian Gulf War||Aug. 2, 1990||End date to be set by law or Presidential Proclamation||Must have served active duty for 2 years|
Maximum Pension Amounts (2015)
|Two Married Veterans||$1,404 each||$33,696|
For more information, please call us at 404-841-8898.